ACF has a thriving ministry for children ages 0-P6, run by a team of dedicated volunteers and headed up by our Children’s Pastor, David Young.
• Children’s Church meets during Sunday worship to allow children to learn about God and grow in faith in an age-appropriate environment. We have groups for ages 3-P1’s, P2-P3’s, and P4-P6’s.
• Messy Church meets on the first Sunday of each month during term-time, from 4-6pm, and is open to all ages. These events are full of crafts, activities, stories, songs, and food. Check out our Facebook page for more details!
We also have occasional children’s services, a summer holiday club called ‘Step Out’, as well as a variety of other events throughout the year. To find out more, please contact David.
• Single & Parenting
Our small group will run from Tuesday 6th February – 15th May 2018 at 7pm. We will support you and give you lots of practical advice to help you understand your kids. You are not alone. We share and discuss a weekly topic on DVD including career, money, emotions and stress. All welcome to join anytime during the 13 weeks. Childcare will be available. If you’d like to register your interest the form here can be completed and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org. Check out on the web for full details www.singleandparenting.org
For more information, please contact Esther.
This ministry is headed up by our Youth Pastor, Gillian MacKenzie. Gillian is dedicated to mentoring the young people of the church and meets regularly with them to do so. In addition she and a team of volunteers also run the following groups during term-time throughout the year:
• Ignite meets on Sunday’s during worship and is open to P7-S2’s.
• Fuel, our younger youth group, meets each Thursday from 7-9pm and is open to P7-S3’s.
• Diesel, our older youth group, meets each Monday from 7-9pm and is open to S3-6’s.
Also, after evening services on the 1st and 3rd Sunday’s of the month, we go to the Webb’s from 7.30-9pm to hang out. To find out more about this ministry, please contact Gillian.
• Senior’s Friday
Seniors Friday is held from 10.30am to noon every Friday. It is perhaps best summed up with the words of one couple who attend, who said, ‘This is the highlight of the week for us’. Come along you will be made very welcome. If getting there is difficult, please contact Brian via email or by phoning 07773724558.
We open with a good blether and catch up over food and a cuppa; there is then a short bible based devotional and prayer for the needs of those present; next comes a quiz, then we finish with singing two or three older hymns.
The group is marked by laughter, friendship and companionship. It is mainly for the over 60’s, but we’re not precious about that, so we’re regularly joined by some under that age, together with some adults with additional support needs who live nearby.
Homegroups are small groups of people of all ages who meet together regularly to pray, study, eat and support each other. Absolutely anybody can join a homegroup, no matter what your relationship with God is like you will be very welcome. Different groups meet at different times – some meet on Sundays, some through the week, some in the afternoon, some in the evening – you should be able to find one that matches your schedule. We have 6 groups at the moment meeting around the city – the map to the left shows the areas where groups meet although they do move around a bit!
As the group members get to know each other long term trusting relationships are formed and we’ve seen amazing support being offered and received by the groups. If you are interested in joining a group near you or for more information contact Pete Henderson
For more information on any of the following groups, please contact the office:
• Ladies Bible Study meets on Monday’s from 9:30am during term-time. All are welcome, and there is a crèche available.
• Our Sewing Group is involved in making personal sanitary kits for orphans in Kagera, Tanzania. Please email email@example.com if you would like to join – even for one session.
• Men’s Group meets for occasional breakfasts, dinners, or outings.
• Parents & Toddlers
• Mainly Music is a fun music time for parents/caregivers and their preschool children, followed by coffee and free play session. It meets every Thursday from 10.00am – 11.15am during term-time. If you are interested in coming along, please contact or speak to the office.
• Local Impact
As a church we are dedicated to seeking ways to serve the local community:
• Alpha is a course we run regularly which offers people the chance to explore the Christian faith, ask questions, and share their point of view.
• Local Events we are involved with include our annual ‘Carols in the Car Park’ service, where we welcome local schools and others from the community for an outdoor Christmas service.
To find out more about our community involvement, please contact Brian.
• Global Impact
ACF actively supports the following organisations:
• Tearfund – Christians passionate about ending poverty.
• Barnabas Fund – Hope and aid for the persecuted church.
• The A21 Campaign – Abolishing injustice in the 21st century.
• Wycliffe Bible Translators – Supporting Beata Wozna in Papua New Guinea.
• The Tumaini Fund – Taking Jesus’ hope to the orphans of Kagera, Tanzania.
For more information, please contact Graham.