Step Out: Jungle Adventure Holiday Club
- ACF’s annual Step Out holiday club will take place from 9th-13th August 2021! This year we are going on a Jungle Adventure, exploring the great outdoors and discovering how Jesus is the greatest guide ever! The sessions run from 10am-12noon and will include actions songs, Bible stories, games, crafts, and much more. Each session will begin and end at our church building on Union Grove and, weather permitting, we will spend some of our time outdoors at Rubislaw Terrace Gardens. This event is free to attend, though a suggested donation of £2/day would be greatly appreciated to help cover costs (donations will be accepted during the week of the club). It is essential that children are signed up if they wish to attend – to do so, click the link below:
- Mainly Music: Our parents & pre-schoolers group meets every Thursday morning at 10am during term-time, and our sessions include rhymes, stories, and play. To find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spark: Our kids group for all Nursery & Primary children and their parents meets on Thursday afternoons from 4-5pm during term-time. We have action songs, games, stories, quizzes, memory verses, prayer spaces and more on offer. To find out more please contact email@example.com
- YouTube Series’: Over the past year of COVID restrictions our weekly children’s talks have been recorded and uploaded to YouTube. These talks are still available for you to watch at your convenience – click the links below to watch online:
- In The Beginning: Talks exploring the book of Genesis.
- The Story of Easter: Hear the Easter story from someone who was there to see it first hand – Nicodemus!
- Tales From the Promised Land: A series looking at the life of David in the Old Testament.
- A Fresh Start: Stories of people in the Bible whose lives were changed when they encountered Jesus.
- Acts – Stories of the Early Church: Looking at what happened after Jesus’ resurrection.
- Sunday Mornings: We have now reintroduced in-person Children’s Church as part of our Sunday morning worship services at ACF (as COVID restrictions allow). To join us, you can register for free via our Eventbrite page (see the ACF homepage for the up-to-date link to think). These sessions are open to all children ages 0-11.
- One Big Story: Over the past year we have been uploading lessons from the One Big Story series for families to do at home during lockdown. With restrictions now easing and regular children’s church recommencing the lessons below will be the final set we make available in this way – however, you can always find access to the full database of lessons by visiting SU Scotland’s website by clicking here.
Prayer & Support
- Connect Prayer Group: This group meets via Zoom on the first Thursday of the month during term-time at 7:30pm to pray for our children, youth, and families. To find out more, contact Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org and to join us on Zoom click here.
- Pastoral Care: If you want to get in touch about a pastoral or practical need please let us know, either by emailing email@example.com or calling our Pastoral Care Line: 07307654996 (9am-9pm).
- Parenting for Faith: A huge range of helpful posts and podcasts are available to aid parents in nurturing their children’s faith, covering subjects such as: relationships, gender and sexuality, mental health, struggling in lockdown, additional needs, grief, fear, fostering and adoption, and many more. To access these click here. They also have put together a guide for parents for talking to their children about COVID – to check this out please click here.
Children’s Faith Resources
- Family Devotionals: A great way to get into God’s Word are daily family devotionals, and there are many wonderful plans out there. One great resource for this is bible.com, which has a wide range of options we would recommend.
- Prayer Spaces: A creative, fun, and meaningful series of activities to do at home to encourage families to be praying can be found at the Prayer Spaces in Schools website – this new series is called Prayer Spaces at Home.
Media & Streaming Services Worth Checking Out
- RightNow Media (Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to ACF’s account): Kids Library
- Netflix (Subscription Required): The Star, VeggieTales in the House, VeggieTales in the City
- Amazon Prime (Subscription Required): Superbook, The Torchlighters, Animated Kids Bible
- Phone Apps: Guardians of Ancora, The Bible App for Kids, SunScool
- The Pilgrim’s Progress Animated Movie: Free Online Viewing
- Allstars Kids Club: Kids Catalogue
“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” (Numbers 6:24-26, NIV)