Children & Families Resources
6Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7, NLT)
In a time of uncertainty, anxiety, and isolation, it is a great comfort to know that we can turn to our Lord and receive His peace which exceeds anything we can understand. During this season, where the regular services and groups at ACF are unable to meet, we want to do all we can to help you and your families to stay connected with God as well as with others in the church. With this in mind, here are a few online groups and resources we are offering to help you and your children continue to grow in faith during this season. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com
Midweek Online Groups
- Mainly Music: Our parents & pre-schoolers group meets every Thursday morning at 10am. Our sessions include singing, rhymes, stories, and more. To get involved simply click here to access the Zoom gathering on Thursday morning!
- Spark: Our kids group for all Nursery & Primary children and their parents meets on Thursday afternoons at 4pm. We have action songs, games, stories, quizzes, memory verses, prayer spaces and more on offer. To join our Zoom group please click here on Thursday afternoon!
Sunday Kids Talks & Children’s Church Resources
- Spark Sundays: On the last Sunday of each month we get to hear a bit about what our Spark midweek group have been looking at in the previous weeks.
- Acts: Stories of the Early Church (Apr 19th-June 14th): In our post-Easter series we will be looking at what happens after Jesus’ resurrection by journeying through the book of Acts! Each week we will have a Children’s Talk as part of our Sunday service which will be available to re-watch on YouTube, and we also have Children’s Church lessons that can be explored at home which are part of Scripture Union Scotland’s ‘One Big Story’ resources.
- Week 1 (Apr 19th) – The Great Commission & Jesus’ Ascension: Click here to watch this week’s Children’s Talk, and click here to download the Children’s Church lesson. Additional resources for the lesson can also be downloaded if required: Coordinates Puzzle, Drawing Game, Prayer Spiral
- Week 2 (Apr 26th) – Pentecost: Click here to watch Sunday’s Children’s Talk, and click here for this week’s Children’s Church Lesson. Additional resources you may wish to use can be accessed by clicking these links: Holy Spirit, Language Games, Slips for Pass the Parcel Game, Symbols for Pass the Parcel
- Week 3 (May 3rd) – Persecution: Click here to watch this week’s Children’s Talk, and click here to access the Children’s Church lesson. If required, the additional resource for this lesson is: Articulate Game
- Week 4 (May 10th) – Transformation: Click here to access this week’s talk, and click here for the accompanying lesson. Additional resources can also be downloaded here: Saul’s Story, Saul’s Story PowerPoint
- Week 5 (May 17th) – Good News: Click here for this week’s talk, and click here for the Children’s Church lesson. Additional resources are available here: Find the Foods, Peter and Cornelius Words
- Week 6 (May 24th) – Witnesses: Click here for the talk from this Sunday, and click here for this week’s lesson. Additional resource for Children’s Church are here: Emoji Game, Paul’s Journey Place Names
- Week 7 (June 7th) – Forgiveness: Click here for this week’s talk on Acts, and click here to download the first in a new series of children’s church lessons. Additional resources are also available here: Slips for Book Quiz, People Bingo, Book Titles, Bible Symbols, Bible Bookcase, Bible Bookcase PowerPoint
- The Wonder of Easter (Mar 22nd-Apr 12th): In the lead up to Easter we explored the story of Holy Week, using resources from the Faith in Kids website. This series was called ‘The Wonder of Easter’. Check out the links below to watch the talks for each week, plus there are free downloadable lessons that can be done at home which follow the same theme. These resources offer great guidance and ideas for working with a wide variety of ages, but if you have further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch!
- Introduction: Click here to access a short overview of our Easter series, ‘The Wonder of Easter’.
- Lesson 1 (Mar 22nd) – The Return of the King: Click here to watch this week’s children’s talk introducing the topic for the week, and click here to access the Children’s Church resources for week 1 of our Easter series!
- Lesson 2 (Mar 29th) – Taken Away by Guards: Click here to watch the talk for this week, and you can access the Children’s Church lesson if you click here.
- Lesson 3 (Apr 5th) – Saved! Just in Time: Click here to check out this week’s talk, and click here to access the Children’s Church lesson to have a go at from home.
- Lesson 4 (Apr 12th) – Jesus is Alive!: Click here to watch the children’s talk from Easter Sunday, and click here for this week’s Children’s Church lesson.
Practical & Prayerful Support
- Pastoral Care Network: The leadership at ACF want to ensure that this time of social distancing doesn’t lead to isolation and loneliness for those connected to our church family. We are not able to offer visits at this point, but what we can offer are phone calls, prayers, and the possibility of running errands for those in need. We will be endeavouring to reach out to as many folk as possible in the coming days and weeks, but if you want to get in touch about a pastoral or practical need please let us know, either by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling our new Pastoral Care Line: 07307654996 (9am-9pm).
- Talking to Kids about Coronavirus: The wonderful folk at Parenting for Faith have created an information page and a video to help offer guidance about how to speak to children about the ongoing coronavirus situation – to check this out please click here.
Children’s Faith Resources
- Kids Worship: We know you will also be missing our wonderful kids action songs during this time, but the great news is that Nick & Becky Drake, who have written loads of our favourite kids songs, are offering musical sessions on their Worship for Everyone Facebook page on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 4pm! We really encourage you to check these out and sing along at home!
- Family Devotionals: Another great way to get into God’s Word are daily family devotionals, and there are many wonderful plans out there. One great resource for this is bible.com, which has a wide range of options we would recommend.
- Prayer Spaces: A creative, fun, and meaningful series of activities to do at home to encourage families to be praying during this season can be found at the Prayer Spaces in Schools website. They have released a whole new series called Prayer Spaces at Home which have been specially adapted to work within the home during this season.
Media & Streaming Services Worth Checking Out
- RightNow Media (Email email@example.com to request access to ACF’s account): Kids Library
- Netflix (Subscription Required): The Star, VeggieTales in the House, VeggieTales in the City
- Amazon Prime (Subscription Required): Superbook, The Torchlighters, Animated Kids Bible
- Phone Apps: Guardians of Ancora, The Bible App for Kids, SunScool
- The Pilgrim’s Progress Animated Movie: Free Online Viewing
- Allstars Kids Club: Kids Catalogue
“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” (Numbers 6:24-26, NIV)