Children & Families Resources
6Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 4:6-7, NLT)
In a time of uncertainty, anxiety, and isolation, it is a great comfort to know that we can turn to our Lord and receive His peace which exceeds anything we can understand. During this season, where the services and groups at ACF are unable to meet, we want to do all we can to help you and your families to stay connected with God as well as with others in the church. With this in mind, here are a few resources to help you and your children continue to grow in faith during this season. If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
***NEW*** – ‘The Wonder of Easter’ Children’s Church Resources
- In the lead up to Easter we will be exploring the story of Holy Week using resources provided by the Faith in Kids website. Each week our Children’s Pastor David will give a short children’s talk as part of our Sunday worship live stream, and this will introduce the next part of the story – you are then encouraged to download the resources below to run a Children’s Church session in the comfort of your own home! These resources offer great guidance and ideas for working with a wide variety of ages, but if you have further questions please do not hesitate to get in touch!
- Introduction: Click here to access a short overview of our Easter series, ‘The Wonder of Easter’.
- Lesson 1 (Mar 22nd) – The Return of the King: Click here to watch this week’s children’s talk introducing the topic for the week, and click here to access the Children’s Church resources for week 1 of our Easter series!
- Lesson 2 (Mar 29th) – Taken Away by Guards: Click here to watch the talk for this week, and you can access the Children’s Church lesson if you click here.
- Lesson 3 (Apr 5th) – Saved! Just in Time: Click here to check out this week’s talk, and click here to access the Children’s Church lesson to have a go at from home.
Practical & Prayerful Support
- Pastoral Care Network: The leadership at ACF want to ensure that this time of social distancing doesn’t lead to isolation and loneliness for those connected to our church family. We are not able to offer visits at this point, but what we can offer are phone calls, prayers, and the possibility of running errands for those in need. We will be endeavouring to reach out to as many folk as possible in the coming days and weeks, but if you want to get in touch about a pastoral or practical need please let us know, either by emailing email@example.com or calling our new Pastoral Care Line: 07307654996 (9am-9pm).
- Talking to Kids about Coronavirus: The wonderful folk at Parenting for Faith have created an information page and a video to help offer guidance about how to speak to children about the ongoing coronavirus situation – to check this out please click here.
Children’s Faith Resources
- Children’s Church: Though not able to run our usual mid-week groups and Sunday classes, we still want to encourage you to get your kids exploring the Bible! One way we will do this is by emailing out and posting on our Facebook page a children’s talk each Sunday which introduces the theme for a children’s church lesson you can download and unpack at home. This material has been prepared by Faith in Kids and there are age-appropriate lessons for all 3-11’s available. Our first series will be exploring ‘The Wonder of Easter’, and the hope is to continue providing these lessons as long as this situation continues.
- Kids Worship: We know you will also be missing our wonderful kids action songs during this time, but the great news is that Nick & Becky Drake, who have written loads of our favourite kids songs, are offering musical sessions on their Worship for Everyone Facebook page on Wednesdays and Saturdays at 4pm! We really encourage you to check these out and sing along at home!
- Family Devotionals: Another great way to get into God’s Word are daily family devotionals, and there are many wonderful plans out there. One great resource for this is bible.com, which has a wide range of options we would recommend.
Media & Streaming Services Worth Checking Out
- RightNow Media (Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to ACF account): Kids Library
- Netflix (Subscription Required): The Star, VeggieTales in the House, VeggieTales in the City
- Amazon Prime (Subscription Required): Superbook, The Torchlighters, Animated Kids Bible
- Phone Apps: Guardians of Ancora, The Bible App for Kids, SunScool
- The Pilgrim’s Progress Animated Movie: Free Online Viewing
- Allstars Kids Club: Kids Catalogue
“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” (Numbers 6:24-26, NIV)