- Mainly Music: Our parents & pre-schoolers group meets every Thursday morning at 10am and our sessions include rhymes, stories, and play. We typically meet in the church, however, depending on current COVID restrictions, we sometimes revert to meeting at Duthie Park or on Zoom (https://us02web.zoom.us/j/197697150). To find out more please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spark: Our kids group for all Nursery & Primary children and their parents meets on Thursday afternoons from 4-5pm. We have action songs, games, stories, quizzes, memory verses, prayer spaces and more on offer. We typically meet in the church, however, depending on current COVID restrictions, we sometimes revert to meeting on Zoom (https://us02web.zoom.us/j/678979081). To find out more please contact email@example.com
- The Story of Easter: Hear the Easter story from someone who was there to see it first hand – Nicodemus!
- Tales From the Promised Land: A series looking at the life of David in the Old Testament.
- A Fresh Start: Stories of people in the Bible whose lives were changed when they encountered Jesus.
- Acts – Stories of the Early Church: Looking at what happened after Jesus’ resurrection.
- The Wonder of Easter: The story of Holy Week, using resources from ‘Faith in Kids’.
- Christmas: The children and youth worked together to help us prepare to celebrate the birth of Jesus.
- Spark Sundays: Talks wrapping up what our Spark after-school group have been studying each month.
- One-Off Talks: Additional talks not part of a wider series.
Children’s Church Resources
- One Big Story: Each week we release a new lesson for children and families to do at home, exploring how the many stories in the Bible truly form part of ‘One Big Story’. To access these, simply click on the links below where material is available to download. These resources have been prepared by Scripture Union Scotland, and if you would like to find out more you can visit their website by clicking here.
Prayer & Support
- Connect Prayer Group: This group meets on the first Thursday of the month at 7:30pm to pray for our children, youth, and families. To find out more, contact Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org and to join us the Zoom link is: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81672902640
- Pastoral Care: If you want to get in touch about a pastoral or practical need please let us know, either by emailing email@example.com or calling our Pastoral Care Line: 07307654996 (9am-9pm).
- Talking to Kids about Coronavirus: The wonderful folk at Parenting for Faith have created an information page and a video to help offer guidance about how to speak to children about the ongoing coronavirus situation – to check this out please click here.
- Parenting for Faith: A huge range of helpful posts and podcasts are available to aid parents in nurturing their children’s faith, covering subjects such as: relationships, gender and sexuality, mental health, struggling in lockdown, additional needs, grief, fear, fostering and adoption, and many more. To access these click here.
Children’s Faith Resources
- Family Devotionals: A great way to get into God’s Word are daily family devotionals, and there are many wonderful plans out there. One great resource for this is bible.com, which has a wide range of options we would recommend.
- Prayer Spaces: A creative, fun, and meaningful series of activities to do at home to encourage families to be praying during this season can be found at the Prayer Spaces in Schools website. They have released a whole new series called Prayer Spaces at Home which have been specially adapted to work within the home during this season.
Media & Streaming Services Worth Checking Out
- RightNow Media (Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to ACF’s account): Kids Library
- Netflix (Subscription Required): The Star, VeggieTales in the House, VeggieTales in the City
- Amazon Prime (Subscription Required): Superbook, The Torchlighters, Animated Kids Bible
- Phone Apps: Guardians of Ancora, The Bible App for Kids, SunScool
- The Pilgrim’s Progress Animated Movie: Free Online Viewing
- Allstars Kids Club: Kids Catalogue
“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” (Numbers 6:24-26, NIV)