THE LIVING WELL PROJECT
- DEMENTIA CAFÉ ASSISTANT
- LIVING WELL PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR
INITIAL FIXED-TERM FOR 12 MONTHS
DEMENTIA CAFÉ ASSISTANT
Salary £15,000 per annum (pro rata) – 10 hours per week (subject to review)
LIVING WELL PROJECT ADMINSTRATOR
Salary £15,000 per annum, pro rata – 15 hours per week (subject to review)
The Living Well Project works to improve the physical, emotional, social and spiritual wellbeing within the local communities of Bucksburn, Dyce, Bridge of Don and Kingswells. A Befriending Service exists for anyone aged 55 or over who may be socially isolated, living alone or unable to get out and about.
In recognition of the growing need for support and care for Dementia sufferers in Aberdeen, the Living Well Project in partnership with Aberdeen City Council and NHS Grampian has established cafes which run on alternate weeks at Newhills Church, Bucksburn and Oldmachar Church, Bridge of Don to offer support, encouragement and advice to Dementia sufferers and their carers. We are now looking to set up a café at Ferryhill Church and another area within the city on alternative weeks in the near future to offer the same service.
We are looking for enthusiastic and motivated individuals – a Café Assistant to build and support the new café at Ferryhill and another area (still to be confirmed), and an Administrator to support the teams of both the Dementia and Befriending services.
The Café Assistant duties will include:
- Working with the Dementia Café Team Leader in the preparation, running and development of the café.
The Administrator duties will include:
- Providing general administrative support for the Living Well Project (Befriending Project and Café).
- Dealing with correspondence.
- Taking minutes of meetings.
- Supporting the Team Leaders to develop publicity, i.e. leaflets, posters etc.
- Developing and maintaining the website.
- Maintaining records – electronic and manual.
- Managing office supplies.
- A good working IT knowledge and experience including MS Excel and Publisher.
- Experience in payroll.
While the Café Assistant and Administrator will report directly to a Team Leader, both roles are subject to the supervision and management of the Living Well Project Management Team.
For further information regarding this post please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01224 710318
Applicants are requested to send an up-to-date CV (which should include a Personal Profile describing the particular skills and attributes that the applicant can bring to the post) for the attention of:
The Living Well Project Acting Convenor, The Stables, Newhills Parish Church, Bucksburn, Aberdeen,
Closing Date: Friday 24 March 2017.